Inquiry into measures for UK hospitality and tourism business recovery
The All Party Parliamentary Group for Hospitality and Tourism has launched an urgent inquiry into the measures that UK hospitality and tourism businesses will need in order to successfully reopen, recover, and thrive in the aftermath of the COVID-19 crisis.
Submissions to the inquiry and evidence gathering is being co-ordinated by Richard Clifford at UK Hospitality (email@example.com).
There will be four key themes to the inquiry:
- Government support
- Achieving business compliance
- Supply chain re-activation
- Stimulating demand for the sector
Submission of responses
If you wish to respond to ‘Pathways to Recovery’ please answer the relevant consultation questions below and send your submissions to Richard Clifford at firstname.lastname@example.org. The deadline for submissions will be 1 May 2020 at 5:00pm.
- What further, or continued, financial measures do you envisage your business needing from Government in the recovery period when restrictions begin to be lifted? If relevant, please refer to both national and devolved Governments.
- What impact would a staggered reopening have on your businesses? (For example, if businesses are permitted to reopen but with existing social distancing measures retained; hotels open with no bar or restaurant area; or a cap being introduced on venue numbers)
- What specific operational difficulties do you anticipate when looking to reopen your business and will you need Government assistance and guidance ahead of this?
- How long will it take for businesses to change or reactivate their supply chains and what difficulties may be present in doing this?
- What, if any, more guidance do you feel that you need on cleaning and hygiene measures ahead of reopening?
- What fiscal measures should be taken to boost business in the hospitality and tourism sectors in the immediate aftermath of COVID-19 restrictions being lifted?
- What steps should the Government take to boost UK inbound tourism when social distancing measures are lifted?
- Are there any other key areas of support that your feel either sector, or your individual business, require outside the scope of the above questions? If so, please outline in under 500 words.